The Home is built on many foundations. None of those foundations is more important than the generosity, optimism, and good cheer our volunteers bring residents and staff. Their smiles and support are equally important.
Volunteers play an important role, helping in various departments and programs. We focus on making sure our volunteers have meaningful experiences interacting with our kids and / or our staff.
We offer a wide assortment of opportunities for volunteers in various areas of the Home. We accept applications from adult, junior, and group volunteers.
Throughout the year we need more volunteers for fundraising events and the holidays. As those times approach, opportunities will be posted!
Volunteer at the Home
To become a volunteer at the Home, download the appropriate application below, fill it out, and submit it to Volunteer Services via mail, email, or fax.
Home of the Innocents Volunteer Services
1100 East Market Street
Louisville, KY 40206
What will happen after I fill out an application?
- Personal Reference Checks: The personal references you provided on your application will be called or emailed to complete a Reference Request Form.
- Background Checks (adults only): Both criminal records check and child abuse and neglect check will be conducted.
- Volunteer Training: Following the completion of the personal reference checks and background checks, we will contact you about training. Training is only required in certain departments. Dates and times are dependent upon your assignment.
- Tuberculin (TB) Skin Test: All volunteers are required to have a TB Test, which will be administered during training at no cost to you by a Home of the Innocents registered nurse.
Adult Volunteers (18 years and older)
Click here to learn about our current volunteer opportunities.
Click here to download an application.
Junior Volunteers (13–17 years old)
Click here to learn about our program and current volunteer opportunities.
Click here to download a Junior Volunteer application.
Click here to learn about group volunteer opportunities.
Click here to download a group volunteer request form.
Serve on a Committee
The Home is fortunate that many individuals throughout our area devote their time and talent by serving on one or more of our committees. These committees help us with everything from creating new ways to provide services to our community’s children to planning special fundraising events. Some of our committees include:
- Audit Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Finance Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- New Business Committee
- Program Services Committee
- Resource Development Committee
To learn more about how to become a member of one of these committees ONLY, Please email Jennifer Zanchi at firstname.lastname@example.org.